Navigation

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Exhausted.

Mood:content


Last weekend was incredibly busy and exhausting and I'm so relieved it's over. Let me tell you about it. Well Friday morning at 9am I had to go to sophomore orientation. I really should have gone later that day because when me and my friends got there, the place was brimming with phonies and people who I dislike. Our whole school district is being renovated so we had to have it at the middle school, which sucks because I really wanted to find where my classes and locker is. Doesn't matter that this is my second year at the high school, the place is huge and most of my classes last year were on the other side of the building. So I feel really bad for the Freshmen who don't even get to see where their classes are.


After that, I had to go to the high school at 4:30pm because our varsity football team had their first game that day. We - the marching band (and the very best part of the game ;D) - performed our show (which was relatively short) and it was great. The best part, actually, was that WE ACTUALLY WON. 27 - 0. Which everyone was siked over because in actuality, our football team SUUUUUUCKS. Like, last year we didn't win a single game. So of course it's great that we won the first game of the season! We have a tradition where if we win, then the marching band gets to wear our hats on backwards. I just know it's going to be a great season now. And after that, we went home and some of us went to a bonfire at a fellow bandmate's house. I wish more people came - most probably went home and slept after all that exhaustion - but those who did go were super cool (we have some great Freshmen this year) - and it was a lot of fun.


Yesterday, I went to a carwash to raise money for my band student account (we're going to Disneyworld this year for our band trip). It was really fun. We made $720 total that day.


So yes, it was a very exhausting weekend. 


This weekend will be a little bit better but it will still be busy. September 1st the band leadership has to play something for the staff meeting, then I have to help at the U of M concessions. 
Then the week after that, school starts. 


Marching band just brings a whole lot of craziness and busyness to your life. It's a wonder how I survive with me being as lazy as I am.


Oh oh oh! I also forgot to tell you guys something! I got a job! Just a babysitting job, but still... it's fort the whole school year and I'll be able to make around $200 per month. alsdjaflsdfd I'm so excited! Maybe I'll be able to buy myself a new iPod before my birthday. Brb making a list of things I want to buy when I start earning money. xD Mostly band merch and books and camera stuff.


So yeah, that's it for now.


Toodleloo!

1 comment:

mariska said...

oh well at least u could earn money ;)
keep spirit!

xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails