Navigation

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

10 Songs to Soothe a Broken Heart

Mood:content


I adore girls with guitars. There’s something very empowered about them. This is a list about getting over a guy. I dug through my records to assemble a bunch of tunes featuring girl singers addressing that guy who just made out with your best friend, that guy who just up and left you (and said it was Him, not You), that guy who tore your heart out and drove off in your car. Download the list, get a nice bottle of wine (if you’re of age!), and it will all look better by morning.
I’m All Right” by Madeleine Peyroux 
I love this song. It’s about the things we do to convince ourselves that we’re going to survive the breakup, like try and remember all the annoying things about the guy.
I’ve Been Loving You Too Long” by Cat Powers 
A classic “What am I doing with this guy?” song sung by an indie torch singer…beautiful.
Girl in a Car” by Kim Richie 
A song about packing up the car and leaving and how bad that feels. I discovered Kim Richie recently and I listened to this song ten times in a row.
Wake Up Alone” by Amy Winehouse
Enough said.
Somewhere Down The Road” by Feist
This song, from The Hottest State soundtrack, is about looking back at a relationship, remembering how truly awful you were together, but somehow still missing that guy. Leslie Feist is exquisite. Tissues required.
I Changed the Locks” by Lucinda Williams
Lucinda is the queen of “cheatin’and hurtin’” songs. This is one of my faves. I think she means it this time.
Something Stupid” by Nancy Sinatra
Another classic “Gee, I wish I hadn’t said that, now he knows how I feel” songs. Nancy does it best. They always have this on the jukebox in bars where girls go to drown their sorrows. Make sure you check.
Walk a Mile” by Holly Go-Lightly
I always like to pair Something Stupid with this one. Holly is fantastic. She’s British, cheeky, and she has a great attitude. I discovered her while digging through Jack White’s stuff.
Talk of the Town” by Kate Walsh
Kate Walsh has the prettiest voice. This song is about a girl who’s left holding the bag in a small town.
Bonfires” by Ricki Lee Jones
Ricki wrote this song to help her get over someone who broke her heart. The first time I heard it, I wept.
All of the above text © via. (www.thevinylprincess.com)
One of my most favourite books ever! Check it out! 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails