Navigation

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 25 - The person you know that is going through the worst of times

Dear suicidal boy/girl,


I don't personally know you, but I know you are out there somewhere. Maybe you live far away, maybe you go to my school, but either way, know that this letter is to you.


Maybe you're the quiet girl sitting in the back of the room at school, or the boy who acts like nothing is wrong, carrying on with your life with a fake smile always on your face when really, you feel like you're about to break. 


I can't say I've ever felt what you're feeling right now, so I'm not going to lie and say, "I know how you feel," because I don't know and I have no idea what you're going through, but I do know one thing: there is hope. There always is. 


Now, I could go on about how selfish suicide is, about the effect that it could have on your friends and family but that may or may not make a difference. Truth is, when you're suicidal, you just don't care. 


Don't lose faith. Have faith in love, God, and humanity, however messed up it seems at times. There are lots of people out there - strangers - like me, who love you and are willing to help you through. You are never alone. You have us, and God even if it seems like your friends and family don't care or understand (they do, and they try). Put your faith in Him and believe in Him. He will guide you through it all.

(30 letters. Concept from Adam Holmes @ Tumblr.) 
Related Posts with Thumbnails