Navigation

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolution

Mood:gleeful



Happy new year!

Last Year's Resolution:
  1. Finish writing my novel, Hope Is the Thing With Feathers
  2. Be more social (well, as social as I can get;D)
  3. Be more kind and courteous toward others 
  4. Be more selfless 
  5. Put others before oneself
  6. Learn at least 10 new things
  7. Be a better daughter, sister, and friend
  8. "To thine own self be true." - Shakespeare (This, I can say, was the highlight of this year. I would strike it through three times if I could!)
  9. Less talking, more doing
  10. Less procrastinating
  11. Be more active and less lazy

As you can see, I haven't completed the list... oh, how surprising! (Sense my sarcasm here, folks?) For #1, I started writing that in the 5th grade... and the reason why it's still not finished may be for a number of reasons: if the plot made any sense and were any good, it would probably be finished by now - it's not. (Every time I try to go back and finish it, I have to redo everything and I finally realized that the plot is crap. I wrote it in 5th grade and though it made complete sense back then, it doesn't now,; high school really sucks a lot of energy out of you. With so much homework, I barely have time to finish all of my homework and go to bed at 10:40. I barely have time to read anymore... yes, it's sad. 


Numbers 4, 5, and 7... I guess it depends on how you perceive it. Others may perceive that I've always been kind towards others, or selfless, and some not. To me, I know I have been less kind since elementary school. Since then, I've been tired of constantly having to be nice to everyone, and too nice. So to some people today, they may still perceive me as being really nice (which, I am, most of the time), but if you're mean or I don't like you, I'm not going to sit down and be nice to to you. That's just fake and I pride myself on being practical and down to earth. To me - I haven't been a better daughter or sister, or put myself before others. I know I haven't. I can be a selfish person and I hate that. I really do. I think we all are selfish people, but some people have a better way of hiding it. To others, I may seem selfish, but sometimes I just feel horrible, because I know I can help out more around the house and be a better sister and daughter. I'm going to change that.  


The last two numbers on the list: self-explanatory. :) 


-------x

My 2011 New Year's Resolution
  1. Continue to get straight A's
  2. Help out more around the house.
  3. Be a better sister, and daughter.
  4. Be less selfish/put others before oneself.
  5. Take risks and have fun!
  6. Try to procrastinate less (...just try.) 
  7. Exercise more, be more active and less lazy! (At least try, Candy.) 
  8. Strive to be the best person that you can be. (and that covers all the fields.)
  9. Learn how to cook... (I know a few things, but....)
May this year bring lots of laughter, smiles, and joy to you and your loved ones.

Signed,

2 comments:

lul said...

Lovin' those New Year resolutions!
kiss
Lula

Anonymous said...

Loving your resolutions, Candy! This reminds me I have to post my own...
By the way, awesome new layout! Love the look! :)
Cheers, and have a great New Year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails