It's that time of the year where everyone around the world is writing out their resolution for the new year. Less than half will actually remember their resolution. So you ask, what's mine? I guess it's my job to make a list and blog it out for you (and perhaps trick you into thinking that I'll actually remember it this year?) Nonetheless - I have no choice so therefore, here is my humble list of crap I'm going to (accidentally-on-purpose forget) to do this year.
- Finish Hope Is the Things with Feathers (the novel I've been working on for forever!) I really have been working on this book for forever. Started it at the end of 5th grade and has been humbly working on it ever since. This went on my resolution every year and I hope it will be the last time that it's going on any list (except maybe the New York Times Bestseller list...possibly...in the very distant future...maybe?)
- Be more social. This is on my list because frankly, I'm a pretty antisocial person. The thing is, when I'm around my friends I'm (believe me) MORE than just crazy. I'm eccentr!k, loud, carefree, weird, and the biggest klutz ever. (Actually, I'm a klutz no matter who I'm around but...) Around new people I'm just not very open like some people immediately are. I have to warm up a bit. I'm not shy, although some people probably think I am. I'm just not a people person and not a very good conversationalist to tell you the truth. So yeah, I need to work on that. [:
- Be more kind and courteous toward others. 'Nuff said.
- Be more selfless. Looking back, I guess I've been sort of selfish this year. I was getting too hyped up that I didn't really go into consideration for my parents and whatnot. This year, I want to do things for other people and make them feel happy also. ^__^
- Put others before oneself.
- Learn at least 10 new things. Ten new things for 2010.
- Be a better daughter, sister, and friend. 'Nuff said, right?
- "To thine own self be true." - Shakespeare. I really shouldn't be going around quoting Shakespeare but in this matter I feel that it's necessary. This year I wasn't really sure who I was. I mean, yeah, I was still me. But I wasn't exactly...me. (Does that make sense?) Anyway, my point is - don't just go around following what's "cool" at the moment; don't go around following the latest fad. Be yourself. Do your own thing; NOT what you see in the fashion mags or what's in for the first 5 minutes or so. Dress in your own style. Just be true to yourself.
- Less talking, more doing. I think perhaps I've been doing more talking than actually doing. "I'm going to do blah blah blah.." So - less talking & more getting things done.
- LESS PROCRASTINATING! Wow. I think I should get a PHD in procrastinating because I procrastinate everything. Even the little things. You name it. This year I'm going to do a little less of that. But just a little. *wink*
- Be more active and less lazy. Yeahhhh about that....
Now that we're done with all my ramblings, I have to tell you what I bought at the mall today. Sorry I don't have any pictures; I'll try to go into much detail as possible (which is very little because I'm very lazy right now...) SO, anyway, today I bought:
- black leggings from Wet Seal $7.90
- very cute dark pink sweater that was on sale [JcPenny] $14.99
- a cute hot pink Southpole shirt *also on sale [JcPenny] $5.99
- WICKED Airwalk shoes with parts that even glow (OMGZ!) from [Payless] Only $8, holy f***!
Yeah, so those weren't very descriptive but I'll be posting some pics (as soon as I can find my camera... hmm, it's here somewhere... I think.) Ahh, I ♥ the mall. Don't you? Yeah enough of my ramblings. I'm sure you have somewhere to go. (To the TV, possibly, to watch the New Years countdown?) I'll leave you to that.
Once again, happy new years! Goodbye 2009; not sure if I'll miss you or not!
P.S. What do you think of the new layout + header? Thought I'd start off the new year with a new look. Well, at least Blog-wise. [: